Busy work + gnarly cold = slow progress. But I did manage to get some stuff in over the past week or so.
Uncle Eduard helped fill in a lot of missing or poorly formed detail in the cockpit.
The elevator tab wheel (at least I think that’s what it is) seems over scale, so I tried scratch building something a little smaller with punched styrene discs and a bit of lead wire. I’m going to try to smooth everything out with Mr Surfacer.
I really like the detail on the Eduard instrument panel. It’s not super accurate for a Corsair, which had a relatively featureless IP, but I think I’m okay with that.
The base coat is Tamiya XF-69, NATO black, followed by Tamiya X-22 clear. Once that dried a bit, I did black oil wash around the bezels and a medium grey wash to pull out fastener detail. I still need to pick out buttons and add placards, etc.
Sitting on the ‘film’ with the actual instruments. I need to clean it up a little, but this just might work.